This is the first studio album from Quebec's progressive rock band Noēsis. It mixes the sounds of musical influences such as: Mastodon, System of a Down, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree and even classical music.
Drifting between a more raw "Rock/metal" sound and a more progressive and nostalgic vibe, "The Current" is surely an interesting and original album for both rock/metal and prog rock fans.
released July 15, 2016
- Produced, Recorded, Mixed and Mastered by Antoine Baril at Hemisphere Studio
- All music by Charles Lavoie and Noēsis
-All lyrics by Jonathan Gagné, except for “The Fall of Barca”: lyrics by Jonathan Gagné and Cédric Lepage
-2016 Noēsis. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction, copying and rental of this recording is prohibited by law.
- Jonathan Gagné: Lead Vocals
- Charles Lavoie: Guitars
- Samy Guenette: Guitars (Not recorded on this album)
- Anthony Hébert: Bass and harsh vocals
- Cédric Lepage: Drums and vocals
We would like to give a very special thanks to Louis Verreault, former rhythm guitarist, for his participation in the recording and in the process that led Noēsis where it is today.
- Louis Verreault, guitars
- Antoine Baril, guitar (The Prey, guest appearance)
- Nathan Vanheuverzwijn (keyboard: recording and composition)
- Marie-Pascale Gagné, vocals
- Roseline Marois Bernier, vocals
- Marie-Pier Gagné, cello
Artwork: Keven Stapleton. Thank you for your amazing work.
We would also like to give our special thanks to all of the people that helped us in the process of making this album, to all the studio musicians and most specifically to:
-Antoine Baril, for all of his dedicated and passionate work
-Alexis Cyr-Poirier, for lending us his studio for the pre-production
-Marie-Pascale Gagné, for her help in the management
-Serge Gagné, for lending us his old school fender showman amp
-And finally; our families, our friends and you, last but not least, the listener